Providing our youngest players with a fun, engaging introduction to the beautiful game!
SASFC First Kicks & Fun Football runs all-year-round – in line with school terms – and Term 4 registrations are NOW OPEN!
- Friday afternoon sessions at English Park, the heart of football in Canterbury
- The 2023 Term 4 Programme begins Friday 13th October, with the final session Friday 8th December (no games Canterbury Anniversary 17th Nov)
- First Kicks & Fun Football sessions run 3:45-4:30 and 4:45-5:30 respectively
- First Kicks & Fun Football fees are payable upon registration. See our Terms and Conditions for more info
- Players born 2014 or older should register for Junior Football
Our Get Ready to Play! page has all the info you need as to how our sessions work, but you can always contact us if you have any questions or concerns
SASFC First Kicks & Fun Football programmes are delivered by qualified coaches and overseen by our awesome professional coaching team
We believe in getting our young players off to the very best start possible. Our Coached sessions are overseen by Director of Football, Juan Chang, and delivered by NZF-qualified coaches and top-level players.
Players born in 2017, 2018 & 2019 take part in our First Kicks programme
Players born 2015 & 2016 take part in our Fun Football programme
In Term 1 2024, players born in 2015 will take part in a bespoke Friday afternoon programme designed to help prepare for the 2024 Winter Season. Keep an eye on our Junior Football programme page for further details.
Our aim is for every player to get lots of touches on the ball, to practice the core skills that are key to becoming effective footballers – and to have loads of fun!
- All sessions take place on the fabulous all-weather pitch at English Park
- There is a separate First Kicks session for our youngest (4-year-old) players
- Players are placed into teams and allocated a regular coach
- Wherever possible we play girls in 'Girls Only' sessions
- Every week players take part in three fun activities and play some ‘small sided’ games (3- or 4-a-side)
These super-popular sessions sell out long before the start of term, so register today!
New to First Kicks and Fun Football? Find out what to wear, what to bring, and how to Get Ready To Play by reading our easy-to-follow instructions