Providing our youngest players with a fun, engaging introduction to the beautiful game!
SASFC First Kicks & Fun Football runs all-year-round – in line with school terms – and term 2 registrations are NOW OPEN!
- Friday afternoon sessions at English Park, the heart of football in Canterbury
- The 2022 Term 2 Programme begins Friday 6th May, with the final session Friday 8th July 2022
- First Kicks runs from 3:45 to 4:30; Fun Football runs 4:45 to 5:30
- First Kicks & Fun Football fees are payable upon registration. See our Terms and Conditions for more info
Our Get Ready to Play! page has all the info you need as to how our sessions work, but you can always contact us if you have any qustions or concerns
SASFC First Kicks & Fun Football programmes are delivered by qualified coaches and overseen by our awesome professional coaching team
We believe in getting our young players off to the very best start possible. Our Coached sessions are overseen by Director of Football, Juan Chang, and delivered by NZF-qualified coaches and top-level players.
Players born in 2016, 2017 & 2018 take part in our First Kicks programme
Players born 2014 & 2015 take part in our Fun Football programme
Note: older players take part in our Junior Football programme
Our aim is for every player to get lots of touches on the ball, to practice the core skills that are key to becoming effective footballers – and to have loads of fun!
- All sessions take place on the fabulous all-weather pitch at English Park
- There is a separate First Kicks session for our youngest (4-year-old) players
- Players are placed into teams and allocated a regular coach
- Wherever possible we play girls in 'Girls Only' sessions
- Every week players take part in three fun activities and play some ‘small sided’ games (3- or 4-a-side)
These super-popular sessions sell out long before the start of term, so register today!
New to First Kicks and Fun Football? Find out what to wear, what to bring, and how to Get Ready To Play by reading our easy-to-follow instructions